» Mission, Vision, and Goals
Mission Page Links
California State University, Bakersfield will undertake the NCAA Athletics Certification self study to:
- Demonstrate an alignment between the University's vision, mission and goals, the goals of intercollegiate athletics at CSU Bakersfield, and the NCAA standards and operating principles.
- Examine the extent to which CSU Bakersfield adheres to NCAA criteria on Academic Integrity, Diversity, Gender, Governance and Commitment to Rules, and Student-Athlete Well-being.
- Highlight the outstanding accomplishments and contributions of CSU Bakersfield intercollegiate athletic programs to the University's educational mission.
- Identify areas for CSU Bakersfield athletic program's enhancement, improvement, or correction, with actionable plans and measurable outcomes in light of the resources available.
- Increase awareness among students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other key constituents of the nature, role, and contributions of CSU Bakersfield intercollegiate athletics through their engagement in the self-study process.
- Prepare for a peer-review team visit by developing a document which accurately reflects the current state of intercollegiate athletics at CSU Bakersfield.