» Academic Standards & Support Subcommittee
The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification is charged by the NCAA Division I membership with assisting institutions in identifying mechanisms which ensure intercollegiate athletics programs are operating in accordance with NCAA Division I standards and core values. That committee has designed a self-study process that Division I institutions must complete as part of the certification process.
The CSUB Athletics Certification Self-Study Academic Standards and Support Subcommittee is charged to evaluate and make a written assessment of the alignment of CSUB Intercollegiate Athletics Department policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to academic standards and academic support with NCAA Division I standards. The subcommittee shall collect pertinent information and data relating to the measurable standards for Operating Principle 2.1 - Academic Standards; Operating Principle 2.2 - Academic Support; and the Evaluation and Plan for Improvement, as set forth on pp. 14-26 of the 2007-2008 NCAA Division I Athletics Certification Self-Study Instrument. The Subcommittee shall be responsible for organizing and writing draft reports for timely submission to the Self-Study Steering Committee.
The self-study report must be received by the NCAA no later than May 1, 2009.
- Dr. Jacqueline Mimms (Chair), Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Dr. Michael Flachmann (Vice Chair), Professor Honors, Program Director, English
- Zandre Agoue, Student (member, Kaibigan)
- Dr. Dirk Baron, Department Chair, Professor, Physics & Geology
- Janice Clausen, Director, Services for Students with Disabilities
- Roopa Dave, Student Conduct Coordinator, Student Affairs
- Dr. John Dirkse, Associate Vice President for Academic Programs
- Dr. Maria Escobedo, Program Director, CAMP and Interim Director, Title V Program
- Dr. Laura Hecht, Assistant Vice President for Research, Planning, and Assessment (ex-officio)
- Dr. John Hultsman, Associate Vice President for Antelope Valley Center
- Sarah Phillips, Librarian
- Dr. Robert Provencio, Professor, Music
- Dr. Isabel Sumaya, Assistant Professor, Psychology and Director, Student Success & Retention Center
- Kathy Welter, Head Coach, Women's Softball