» Governance & Commitment to Rules Compliance Subcommittee
The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification is charged by the NCAA Division I membership with assisting institutions in identifying mechanisms which ensure intercollegiate athletics programs are operating in accordance with NCAA Division I standards and core values. That committee has designed a self-study process that Division I institutions must complete as part of the certification process.
The CSUB Athletics Certification Self-Study Governance and Commitment to Rules Compliance Subcommittee is charged to evaluate and make a written assessment of the alignment of CSUB Intercollegiate Athletics Department policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to governance and rules compliance with NCAA Division I standards. The subcommittee shall collect pertinent information and data relating to Operating Principle 1.1 - Institutional Control, Presidential Authority and Shared Responsibilities, Operating Principle 1.2 - Rules Compliance; and the Evaluation and Plan for Improvement, as set forth on pp. 7-13 of the 2007-2008 NCAA Division I Athletics Certification Self-Study Instrument. The Subcommittee shall be responsible for organizing and writing draft reports for timely submission to the Self-Study Steering Committee.
The self-study report must be received by the NCAA no later than May 1, 2009.
- Dr. Jacquelyn Kegley (Chair), Professor, Department Chair, Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Dr. Jess Deegan (Vice Chair), Professor, Psychology
- Jasmine Banuelos, Member, ASi Vice President of Finance
- Debbie Blowers, Lead Evaluator, Admissions & Records
- Laura Catherman, Director, Student Union
- Dr. Mustafah Dhada, AVP Academic Programs
- Rita Gustafson, Admissions & Records
- Geoff King, CSUB Foundation Board, Athletics Subcommittee Chairperson
- John Price, Head Coach, Women's Volleyball
- Ron Radney, Interim Director, Financial Aid
- Robert Shook, Compliance Officer, Athletics
- Doug Wade, Assistant Vice President for Fiscal Services