» Gender Subcommittee
The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification is charged by the NCAA Division I membership with assisting institutions in identifying mechanisms which ensure intercollegiate athletics programs are operating in accordance with NCAA Division I standards and core values. That committee has designed a self-study process that Division I institutions must complete as part of the certification process.
The CSUB Athletics Certification Self-Study Gender Subcommittee is charged to evaluate and make a written assessment of the alignment of CSUB Intercollegiate Athletics Department policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to gender equity with NCAA Division I standards. The subcommittee shall collect pertinent information and data relating to Operating Principle 3.1 - Gender, and the Evaluation and Plan for Improvement, as set forth on pp. 27-28, 36, and 38-39 of the 2007-2008 NCAA Division I Athletics Certification Self-Study Instrument. The Subcommittee shall be responsible for organizing and writing draft reports for timely submission to the Self- Study Steering Committee.
The self-study report must be received by the NCAA no later than May 1, 2009.
- Jane Evarian (Chair), Director, Career Development Center
- Janet Millar (Vice Chair), MA & Training Director, Counseling
- Dr. Chandra Commuri, Assistant Professor, Public Administration
- Dr. Tanya Boone, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- E. J. Callahan, Activities Coordinator, Student Activities
- Victoria Champion, Director, McNair Scholars
- Alan Collatz, Head Coach, Men's Track & Field
- Dr. Rhonda Dugan, Assistant Professor, Sociology and Anthropology
- Dr. Liora Gubkin, Assistant Professor, Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Dr. B.J. Moore, Assistant Professor, Public Administration
- Dr. Judith Pratt, Professor, Communications