» Mission, Vision, and Goals
Mission Page Links
California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning. The University collaborates with partners in the community to increase the region's overall educational level, enhance its quality of life, and support its economic development.
By 2014-15, CSU Bakersfield will be the leading campus in the CSU system in terms of faculty and academic excellence and diversity, quality of the student experience, and community engagement. Realization of our vision will be advanced by recruitment, development and promotion of excellent and diverse staff within an organizational culture committed to excellence in all areas.
CSUB Strategic Goals
- Extend faculty and academic excellence.
- Enhance the quality of the student experience.
- Strengthen community engagement.
- Develop an excellent and diverse staff.
- Develop a campus culture with a sense of community and a commitment to organizational excellence.