» Diversity Subcommittee
The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification is charged by the NCAA Division I membership with assisting institutions in identifying mechanisms which ensure intercollegiate athletics programs are operating in accordance with NCAA Division I standards and core values. That committee has designed a self-study process that Division I institutions must complete as part of the certification process.
The CSUB Athletics Certification Self-Study Diversity Subcommittee is charged to evaluate and make a written assessment of the alignment of CSUB Intercollegiate Athletics Department policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to diversity with NCAA Division I standards. The subcommittee shall collect pertinent information and data relating to Operating Principle 3.2 - Diversity; and the Evaluation and Plan for Improvement, as set forth on pp. 28-30 and 40 of the 2007-2008 NCAA Division I Athletics Certification Self-Study Instrument. The Subcommittee shall be responsible for organizing and writing draft reports for timely submission to the Self-Study Steering Committee.
The self-study report must be received by the NCAA no later than May 1, 2009.
- Dr. Stanley E. Clark (Chair), Associate Dean, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Stephen Muchinyi (Vice Chair), ASi Vice President for Legislative Affairs
- Dr. Sophia Adjaye, Department Chair, Associate Professor, English
- Tom Alvarez, Manager Human Resource Programs
- Marina Avalos-Kegley, Director, Student Activities
- Patrick Choi, Assistant Director, Services for Students with Disabilities
- Dr. Vandana Kohli, Sociology & Anthropology
- Tim La Kose, Head Coach, Women's Basketball
- Dr. Mark Martinez, Associate Professor, Political Science
- Dr. Jeff Moffit, Department Chair, Physical Education and Kinesiology
- Horse Robinson, Art Technician, Art Department
- Natasha Weatherspoon, Student, Credential Program