A Commitment to Personal Development
CSUB is committed to support the development of a well-balance lifestyle for student-athletes, encouraging emotional well-being, leadership, personal growth and decision-making skills.
- Student Convocation: Formal ceremony for incoming CSUB students (new & transfer students) and their families to celebrate the beginning of a students’ academic journey.
- Ethics Awareness Week: Opportunity for students to engage in conversations regarding ethical dilemmas within different disciplines of study
- LGBT Safe Zone: Network of easily visible allies who provide support, information, and assistance to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students at CSUB.
- Counseling Center: Provides counseling and consultation services to undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in the university.
- Telephone Crisis Counseling: During the times the Center is closed students can call the crisis line and crisis counselors can provide referrals and information about campus and community resources, as well as provide immediate help with urgent personal, emotional, or mental health concerns.
- Survivors Group: This group provides a safe and comforting atmosphere to listen, learn, and be heard for those with a history of sexual assault and abuse.
- The Behavioral Assessment and Response Team (BART): A central place for the campus community to report any dangerous, concerning, or uncivil behavior on campus.
- Blue Crew: Booster club for student athletic events, student-athletes attend and show support for fellow teammates
- CHAMPS Crew: College students and fellow student-athletes will serve as peer mentors and provide support to student-athletes.