*If it is your first time accessing these resource videos, you will need to log in using your CSUB login information.
The SSE Handbook provides a compilation of all approved policies and procedures of the School of Social Sciences and Education as well as other important University policies governing faculty and students at California State University, Bakersfield.
See the CSUB University Handbook for more information.
Four standing committees serve the School of Social Sciences and Education. These include:
- Curriculum Committee, which has jurisdiction over the curriculum of the School of Social Sciences and Education. The Curriculum Committee shall be responsible for the approval of all academic courses and programs in the School, including degrees, courses, programs, majors, minors, concentrations, certificates or any other catalog changes.
- Scholarship Committee, which is primarily responsible for the selection of scholarship awardees and for determining the outstanding undergraduate award winner in the School.
- Dean's Advisory Council, which advises the Dean with respect to all matters of common interest to the School, reviews organization and long-range plans, and suggests modifications where appropriate.
- Staff Advisory Council, which advises SSE and departments with respect to all matters of common interest to the School.
- Teacher Education Advisory Committee (TEAC)
The University’s teacher education program is an all-university responsibility. The subject matter preparation programs are administered by H&SS, BPA, SOE, and NSM. The SOE administers the credential programs. The University-Wide Teacher Education Advisory Committee, which is chaired by the P&VPAA, is charged with the responsibility to review all components of teacher preparation and to recommend policy and actions regarding these matters. Its recommendations for new programs and modifications to extent ones are reviewed by the Academic Senate and approved by the President before submission to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Meetings are held each semester.
- Quality of Life Center, which is committed to understanding quality of life through
scientific investigation and promoting programs that incorporate community best practices.
- Faculty Travel
- Faculty Resources/Travel Fund Request