There are many ways of making a gift to the `Runners on the Rise campaign. Gifts may be restricted to a specific program or purpose at CSUB or may be unrestricted to provide flexibility for the university to strategically respond to critical needs.
- Gifts of Cash: Outright contributions of cash, whether through online contributions or checks payable to CSUB, are the most direct way of supporting the mission of the university.
- Gifts of Securities: A gift of appreciated securities, either publicly traded or from a private company, can be transferred to CSUB and may provide tax advantages.
- Pledges: Commitments made to the campaign as pledges can be paid over a recommended period of five years.
- Employer Matching Gifts: As many companies have come to recognize the value of supporting charitable organizations, they have agreed to match or multiply donations made to charitable organizations by their employees. Those who wish to enhance the value of their gift are encouraged to contact the personnel office of their employer about matching-gift opportunities.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: If the university is named as a sole and irrevocable owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy, the market value (usually the cash surrender value) of the policy is deductible as a charitable gift.
- Gifts of Personal Property: Contributions of tangible personal property - including rare books, works of art, jewelry, and antiques - may provide immediate tax advantages. All items will be sold immediately to benefit the university.
- Online Gifts: You can make an immediate gift of any size at give.csub.edu.
At no time can CSUB provide tax advice. We encourage you to seek tax advice from a qualified professional of your choosing.