California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. We emphasize student learning through our commitment to scholarship, ethical behavior, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning. The university collaborates with partners in the community to increase the region's overall educational attainment, enhance its quality of life and support its economic development.
CSUB will be a model for supporting and educating students to become knowledgeable, engaged, innovative and ethical leaders in the regional and global community.
CSUB places student success and academic excellence at the center of all we do. We are guided by a set of core values that shapes our work with students, with each other and with the region we serve. These core values include the following commitments:
- Developing the intellectual and personal potential of every student
- Supporting the intellectual and professional development of all faculty and staff
- Nurturing a collegial campus environment that values innovation, learning and the pluralism of persons and ideas
- Collaborating with one another with respect, trustworthiness, ethical behavior and self-reflection
- Promoting active and informed engagement in shared governance of students, faculty and staff
- Engaging with alumni and the community to achieve the vision, mission and goals of the university
- Contributing to the growth and well-being of the region
- Strengthen and inspire student success and lifelong learning
- Advance faculty and staff success
- Develop and sustain high-quality and innovative academic programs and support services
- Recognize and address regional needs in collaboration with our community
- Diversify, enhance and responsibly steward our campus resources