Alert: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Facilities Operations

Facilities Operations is a unit of the Facilities Management Department and consists of Electrical, Plumbing, Locksmith, Carpentry, Painting, and Maintenance shops.  To report a problem, please submit a Work Request and choose “Facilities Operations” as the repair center.  A Work Request is required regardless of whether or not charges are incurred. Emails are not a substitute for a Work Request.

Your state-side department will not be charged for routine repairs like leaky faucets, broken locks, tripped circuit breakers, or stuck elevators.   You will only be charged for services other than building maintenance, like moving your office, hanging pictures or dry-erase boards, or installing improvements to your area.  (Non-state entities will be charged back any fees incurred for services provided by Facilities Management.)

In case of fire, call 911 or x2111 to reach University Police.  All other emergencies, such as sewer or drain overflows, broken and flooding waterlines, lights, electrical switches or receptacles that spark, flash or are smoking, call Facilities Management at x2211 during normal working hours or the University Police at x2111 after hours.

Submit a Work Request

Work Request Button

Click the picture to be taken to our Work Order System.

To ensure your work request is completed in a timely manner, please give us 2 weeks notice for routine requests.

Click HERE before you do it yourself!

CSUB's policy on modification of state facilities