Alerts: COVID-19 | Return to Campus | CARES Act

Open All/Close All

Report something broken?

If you have an emergency request that requires immediate attention, please call x2211 first, then fill out a Work Request.  All requests, even those for general maintenance, need to be reported on a Work Request.

How do I fill out a Work Request?

Navigate to our Work Request link (it looks like a hammer and it's found all over this website) and you'll be directed to our TMA work order website. 

Type your name in the “Requestor Name” field and much of your information should auto fill.  Please use TAB to navigate from field to field, not ENTER.  If the fields do not populate for you, and you would like to be added to the regular requestor’s list, please call x3028 so we can input your information.  As before, write your request in the “Action Requested” field.  Make sure you choose the correct repair center as follows:

Asset Management – disposal of state-tagged equipment

Custodial – clean up spills, light tube replacement, extra cleaning

Facilities Operations – Trades work (ie: plumbing, locksmith, carpenter, painter, etc.)  bulletin/white board removal or installation, hang pictures, etc.

Energy – heating and A/C concerns

Roads & Grounds – tree issues, pests, irrigation/sprinkler issues

Facilities Support Services – office/furniture moves, event set up, shredding pick up

Vehicle Operations – car, truck, electric cart, trailer, etc.

If you are requesting work for which you will be charged, please add your full account string in the following order:


This is the order used in the billing process.  If you have questions about whether work requested will be charged back, please give us a call at x3028 for clarification.

If the fields “Location ID,” “Facility Name,” “Building Name,” and “Area” (room number) have not been auto-filled, please provide this information.

To submit this work request to us, press “SAVE” which can be found along the blue bar near the top of the form.  You will then be shown a screen on which your request number is shown in red at the top.  Write this number down for reference.  The system will send you an email with this same request number within a few minutes.

How long will it take for non-emergency work to be completed?

That’s the toughest question we get asked.  The easy answer is as soon as we possibly can get to you -- a week to ten days is usual for most common work requests.  Of course, we are a department operated by human beings and subject to reduced staffing levels at this time, and we truly appreciate your patience.

Will I be charged for the work I requested?

You will not be charged for general maintenance of State owned buildings; i.e. light bulb replacement, bathroom maintenance, repairs to doors, broken windows, and defective electrical outlets.  Additional services such as office moves, installation of department-specific equipment, custodial services outside those routinely performed, and event preparation and tear down, will be charged to your department.

What repair center do I use for…?

Light tubes is Custodial – CU; pest control is Roads and Grounds – RG; heating/cooling issues – FE.

I’m too hot or cold.

Please fill out a work request and choose FE as your repair center.  Please be aware that in order to comply with Executive Order 987(, we will not allowed to heat your offices above 68 degrees, nor cool below 78 degrees.

How do I request tables and chairs for my event and how much do they cost?

First reserve your space in the 25Live system.  If you will be renting tables and chairs from the Facilities Management Department instead of from an outside vendor, you must submit a work request AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE of your event.  When submitting your request, you will need to specify the date, time, location, and requested set-up.  If you need to fax us a diagram, please include your work order or request number (found on the emailed confirmation) and fax to us at (661) 654-2290.

Fees for equipment rental will be charged in addition to any fees stated on your space reservation form.   Your department is responsible for the request and the associated costs.

Our fee schedule lists rental charges for common equipment.  Please note that media equipment such as microphones or projectors must be requested from Media Services at (661) 654-2391.