- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
By Carmen Rivera
Directed by Maria-Tania Becerra
La Gringa is about a young woman's search for identity. María Elena Garcia goes to visit her family in Puerto Rico during the Christmas holidays with plans to connect with her homeland. She is considered a Puerto Rican when in the United States and an American when in Puerto Rico, leaving her to feel she is nobody everywhere. Through her uncle she discovers identity isn't based on superficial and external definitions, but rather is an essence in her heart.
Thursday-Saturday, May 19, 20, 21 at 8PM
Thursday-Saturday, May 26, 27, 28 at 8PM
Sunday, May 29 at 2PM
$10 General Admission
$8 Seniors (60+)/CSUB Faculty & Staff
$5 Students with Identification
Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance and takes cash and checks only. We do not take credit cards. Box Office: (661) 654-3150. Reservations are not needed for this particular production.
Parking is free in lot adjacent to the theatre.
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.