Music by Marc Shaiman, Lyrics by Marc Shaiman & Scott Wittman, Book by Mark O'Donnell & Thomas Meehan
Directed by Mandy Rees
Thursday-Saturday, May 22, 23 & 24 at 8pm
Friday & Saturday, May 30 & 31 at 8pm
Sunday, June 1 at 2pm
$12 General Admission
$10 Seniors (60+)/CSUB Faculty & Staff
$5 Students with Identification
Tracy Turnblad, a vivacious plus-sized teen, pursues her dream of performing on a television dance show in 1960s Baltimore—and works to racially integrate the show in the process. Filled with exuberant music and dancing, Hairspray is a musical comedy you won’t want to miss.
Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance and takes cash and checks only. For a reservation, call (661) 654-3150 starting May 12th.
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.