- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
CSUB Theatre for Young Audiences Presents
The Water Play
Written and Directed by Kamala Kruszka
In a dystopian future, a child is sent during a drought to find relief for the village. Along the way the child is aided by a magical dragon who shares its wisdom about where the water has gone, and what to do once it is found again. Written by CSUB Theatre Faculty member Kamala Kruszka, the play combines masks, dance, and live sound effects to create a story emphasizing that water is a precious resource intended for the community to honor, conserve and share.
Recommended for ages 5 and up.
Saturday, March 14 at 11am, 2pm & 4pm
Sunday, March 15 at 11am & 2pm
Doré Arena Theatre
Limited seating; reservations recommended: (661) 654-3150
Note: latecomers cannot be seated
$5 General Admission
FREE for Children 12 and Under
Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance and takes cash and checks only. We do not take credit cards. For a reservation, call (661) 654-3150.
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.