- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
CSUB Theatrefest Presents
Written by Freyda Thomas, Inspired by Le Joueur by Jean-Francois Regnard
Directed by Zoe Saba
A sparkling comedy in the style of French farce, The Gamester centers around the charming Valere and his two competing passions: his love for Angelique and his compulsion for gambling. Add mistaken identity, conniving characters, and witty language, and you have a fun-filled night in the theatre.
Thursday - Saturday, May 21, 22 & 23 at 8pm
Thursday - Saturday, May 28, 29 & 30 at 8pm
Sunday, May 31 at 2pm
$10 General Admission
$8 Seniors (60+)/CSUB Faculty & Staff
$5 Students with Identification
Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance and takes cash and checks only. We do not take credit cards. For a reservation, call (661) 654-3150.
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.