Dust Bowl Dreams
Written and Directed by Kamala Kruszka
CSUB Theatre for Young Audiences
Saturday, March 15 at 11am, 2pm & 4pm*
Sunday, March 16 at 11am & 2pm
Doré Arena Theatre
Limited seating; for more info: (661) 654-3150
Note: latecomers cannot be seated
$5 General Admission
FREE for Children 12 and Under
*Additional activities for kids on Saturday including music on the theatre patio, food vendors, a scavenger hunt, and Science of the Dust Bowl activities at nearby Runner Park.
It’s the time of the Dust Bowl, and families pack their cars and venture to California for a better life. To entertain themselves during their journey, they bring their favorite stories to life through live music, storytelling, puppetry and folk dance in this delightful new play written by CSUB Theatre faculty member Kamala Kruszka. Recommended ages: 7 and up. Show is approximately 45 minutes.
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.