Student Health Services (SHS) is committed to creating a safe, welcoming, inclusive, accessible and affirming environment for all students, conducive to the exploration of personal, social, and academic concerns. We intentionally act to confront health disparities, provide open and inclusive access to health and wellness services/programming and deliver the highest quality care to all CSUB students. Diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility are the guiding principles in our services, training, outreach and staffing.
SHS commits to championing an approach steeped in health equity, accessibility and inclusion that honors our students' voice and lived experience. We believe diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility are foundational values inextricably linked to achieving our mission of promoting the health and well-being of all members of the CSUB community.
- To enhance services, spaces and educational offerings related to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility for all CSUB students.
- To recruit, train, retain, and advance a diverse community of student workers and staff.
- To strengthen and support administrative structures and processes that enhance and recognize our commitment to DEIA, with particular emphasis on accountability and communications for transparency.
SHS staff members who've completed trainings targeted towards diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility are called "Diversity Ambassadors". The six initial and subsequent annual internal trainings are completely voluntary and help our staff create a more welcoming environment for the CSUB community within the Health Center. Staff who have completed these trainings can be recognized by the following symbol:
The Health Equity Accessibility Leadership Taskforce includes members from various departments committed to furthering diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility efforts on CSUB campus.
Taskforce members include:
- Erika Delamar, Interim Director Student Health Services (Chair)
- Tamar Anthony, Administrative Support Coordinator Philosophy
- Candice Banducci, Nurse Practitioner Student Health Services
- Marcus Brown, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Compliance
- Janice Clausen, Director of Services for Students with Disability
- Kristyn Delamar, ASI Director of NSME
- BreAnn Navarro, Registered Nurse Student Health Services
- Timothy Lafondez, Program Coordinator Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
- Emily Poole Callahan, Dean of Students Student Integrity and Well-Being
- Chidinma Okie-Dike, ASI Director Diversity and Inclusion
- Yvonne Ortiz-Bush, Assistant Professor Educational Counseling
- Aaron Wan, Public Affairs Specialist