- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
- Links for Foster Youth
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- EOP Staff Directory
A home for education...
The CSUB Guardian Scholars Program supports current and former foster youth who are college bound by providing access, maintaining a support network that promotes student academic success, and connecting students with their potential to become successful and productive world citizens. Our staff members:
• Assist in foster youth admission to the University, coordinating priority housing and priority registration
• Provide comprehensive living support that promotes wellness and personal success
• Encourage active participation in University life
• Prepare students for graduation and beyond
• Provide experiences that enrich students educationally, culturally, and socially
More information can be found in this printable .pdf copy of the Guardian Scholars Program flyer.
In addition to applying to the Guardian Scholars Program, current/former foster youth should also apply to the Educational Opportunity Program.
To be honest, this is my family. I would say this is the best family I've had in my whole life...
Guardian Scholars Program
How to Apply...
If you are a former foster youth, ward of the court or state, or abandoned/homeless youth who plans to attend CSUB, please apply by downloading and printing the Guardian Scholars Program application.
The California Wellness Foundation (TCWF)
The Guardian Scholars Program at CSU Bakersfield is funded in part by a grant from the California Wellness Foundation (TCWF). Created in 1992 as a private independent foundation, TCWF's mission is to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention. For more information, please visit TCWF's website at http://www.CalWellness.org.