- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
FLEXIBLE BENEFIT PROGRAMS
Flexible benefits plans give you an opportunity to waive CSU Health coverage in exchange for a monthly cash payment and/or save money by allowing you to pay for certain eligible expenses with pre-tax dollars. For detailed information, refer to the applicable program links below or contact the Office of Human Resources at extension 2266.
Employees who are eligible for medical/dental insurance and have other non-CSU coverage can elect to waive CSU coverage in exchange for a monthly cash payment:
Waive both Medical and Dental coverage: $140.00;
Waive Medical coverage only: $128.00;
Waive Dental coverage only: $12.00
Proof of alternate non-CSU insurance coverage is required. For further program details, refer to the FlexCash program brochure.
Tax Advantage Premium Plan (TAPP)
Allows employees to have required health plan premiums withheld from their paychecks on a pre-tax basis, reducing federal and state income and Social Security/Medicare taxes.
employees enrolled in a CalPERS health plan and who have health care contributions are eligible to participate.
enrollment in the program is automatic, unless non-participation is requested at the time of enrollment.
For further program details, refer to the TAPP program brochure.
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and
Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) Plans
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) and Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) allow employees to pay certain dependent and health care expenses from their salary on a pre-tax basis. Both plans have a monthly minimum contribution amount of $20.
Deducted from pay before federal, state and Social Security (FICA) taxes.
Must re-enroll during the annual open enrollment period each fall to participate during following calendar year. (Can change contribution amount at that time.) Plan Year is from January 1 - December 31.
- Contribution Limits
DCRA - up to $416.66 each month ($5,000 maximum per year) to personal account.
HCRA - up to $208.33 each month ($2,500 annually).
Both plans are administered by Application Software, Inc. (ASI), a Third Party Administrator of employee benefit programs.
Enrolled employees can file a claim for reimbursement online via the CSU Benefits Portal or by downloading/completing a claim form.
- HCRA plan participants also have the option of requesting an FSA Debit Master Card, also called the "FSA Benny Card." The Card, issued by ASIFlex, allows enrollees to pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses (i.e.,health, dental, vision, etc.) as payment at Health Care Providers and certain retail locations. For more information visit the CSU Benefits Portal.