Student Recreation Center Policies
It is strongly recommended that each individual have a medical examination and physician approval prior to engaging in any activity sponsored by the Student Recreation Center
All individuals must sign and submit a Waiver of Liability prior to participation
The following are to protect the rights of eligible users
- Participants gain entry into all Student Recreation Center facilities by swiping a valid CSUB student I.D. card, validated faculty/staff I.D. card, or current SRC-issued membership card at the entry turnstile.
- Any attempt to gain, or provide, unauthorized entry into SRC facilities may result in suspension of privileges.
- All organized group activities should be approved by the SRC Director in advance of the activity.
The following are to maintain clean and hygienic facilities and equipment
- Food, beverage, gum, tobacco, and glass containers are not permitted in any SRC activity area. Re-sealable, plastic, personal water bottles are permitted. Food and beverage are permitted in the juice bar and lobby.
- Only non-marking, closed-toe athletic footwear is allowed. No bare feet allowed.
- Participants should wear clean, comfortable, athletic attire including a full-length, full-back, full-side shirt. Jeans, cut-offs, clothes with rivets, or other items that could potentially damage equipment are not permitted.
- Spray disinfectant and hand towels are provided for users to wipe down upholstery, equipment, and accessories.
- Pets are not allowed except for guide or service animals.
The following are to encourage an inclusive welcoming atmosphere
- The Student Recreation Center is intended for the recreation and fitness needs of the general student body. Athletic team practices, coached workouts, or the perception of such are generally not permitted. However, limited opportunities, on a case by case basis, may be requested in advance for consideration by the SRC Director as set forth by the Student Recreation Center Committee.
- Anyone using inappropriate language or behaving offensively may be asked to leave the facility. Profanity and suggestive comments are not tolerated.
- Only personal music players with headsets are allowed.
- Mobile phone use is discouraged in all activity areas.
- Photography, including camera phone use, must be approved in advance by the SRC Director.
- Participants must abide by all posted and written rules as well as comply with policy requests made by staff members.
- No individual may use SRC facilities for personal financial gain or for any form of solicitation without the prior approval of the SRC Director.
The following are to provide a safe and reduced-risk environment
- The SRC staff has authority in all decisions related to participant safety, potential facility or equipment damage, or non-compliance with facility guidelines or staff requests. This includes the authority to immediately modify, limit, or discontinue any activity.
- SRC staff will respond to all facility situations and initiate appropriate response to all participant injury situations. SRC staff members are certified in CPR/AED/First Aid. Injury response is coordinated in conjunction with University Police and Student Health Services.
- Injuries must be reported to a SRC staff member immediately.
- Defective or inoperable equipment must be reported to a SRC staff member immediately.
- There is Zero Tolerance for individuals involved in physical or verbal altercations.
- Security cameras are in place to monitor access doors and activity areas.
- Individuals under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to use SRC facilities.
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. are not allowed in SRC facilities, including the SRC Field. Bike racks are available in front of the SRC to secure items.
- Activity areas must be clear of personal items. Backpacks and gear bags should be stored in lockers or cubbies.
- All informal recreation activities must be consistent with the designed purpose of each facility area.
The Student Recreation Center staff reserves the right to refuse service to any participant who violates any policy or engages in verbal or physical abuse