For an overview on travel beginning on or after April 1st, please review the CSUB Travel Policy.
Before you travel:
- American Express Corporate Card applications are available on our website under Travel Forms.
- The Travel Authorization Request Form should be completed and submitted to the appropriate administrator approving travel. This form authorizes the requestor to travel on official CSUB business. Once approved, the form must be attached to the travel claim.
- A Travel Advance may be requested to pay for registration fees directly to the vendor.
- A Charge Request Form - for rental car, local lodging or airfare. A Charge Request may be used to charge an airline ticket purchased through Uniglobe. The campus American Express business travel account (BTA) has been set up with Uniglobe, an authorized agency. All other authorized purchases or reservations must be made using your American Express Corporate Card to insure insurance coverage and reimbursement upon your return. Reimbursements will not be made for damage waivers.
- A defensive driving training course offered through CSUB Campus Safety must be completed once every 4 years if you drive on official state business more than one time in any given month.
- When making lodging reservations, inquire about a Claim for Exemption from Transient Occupancy Tax.
While you Travel:
After you travel:
- If you do not have a receipt for any item over $25 additional documentation will be needed including your supervisors approval for the lost receipt.
- Fill out a Travel Expense Claim (Form 262) within 30 days after your return. Please submit all original itemized receipts for meals, lodging, airfare, car rental, gas, parking fees, etc. Provide a program, email invitation, agenda, flyer, or other document showing the purpose, location, and dates of the travel event.
- Travel Expense reimbursements take up 10 working days to process.
Good luck on your trip.
If you have specific issues you would like discussed contact either Accounts Payable (x6209) or
Sally(x6207) by phone or email.