Did you know you can take classes at CSU Bakersfield without being a formal student of the university? You can through Open University!
Open University allows prospective students or members of the community to register and attend classes prior to being admitted to the university. Additionally, Academically Disqualified students are given the opportunity to take courses to meet campus readmission requirements.
What You Should Know About Open University
- Regularly admitted students are not eligible to register through Open University
- Students must meet all course prerequisites
- Students must obtain instructor approval to register through Open University. Some University programs do not allow Open University enrollments
- Open University courses do not qualify for financial aid. Tuition must be paid at the time of registration with Check, Money Order, Visa or Mastercard
- Courses taken through Open University are considered “transfer” courses. A maximum of 36 quarter units may be applied toward a Bachelor’s degree, while a maximum of 13 units may be applied to a Master’s Degree
- Registration will be processed the second week of the quarter, after main campus registration closes
- Course will display on transcripts as an Open University course
- All 600 level courses offered by the School of Business & Public Administration requires admission into the School of Business & Public Administration programs
- Open University enrollments are not certified for immigration purposes (I-20)
Open University Fees:
Undergraduate: $225 per unit
Graduate: $250 per unit
Full tuition must be paid upon registration
How To Register:
1. Choose the class on the myCSUB schedule
2. Attend first week of class
3. Complete an Open University Registration Form, available at the Extended University office (main campus add slips will not be accepted)
4. Obtain instructor signature on the Open University Registration Form
5. Submit Registration Form and payment at the Extended University office. A late fee of $25 will be assessed for registrations received after the date posted on the Open University Academic Calendar. Registrations without the approval of the Extended University Dean will not be accepted after designated date on the Open University Academic Calendar.
6. Refund policies can be found on the Extended University Refund Policies page.
Check out our Spring 2015Open University Schedule Now!!
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, California 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-2441
Fax: (661) 654-2447
The Extended University Office is located in the Business Development Center (BDC) on the southwest part of the CSUB campus.
First week of every quarter
Monday Through Thursday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm