Alerts: COVID-19 | Return to Campus | CARES Act

Evaluation of Transfer Credits

The Evaluations Unit is located within the Office of Admissions and Records and is responsible for determining transferability of courses from all previously attended colleges and/or institutions as it relates to CSU Bakersfield degree requirements.  Official transcripts from all previous colleges and/or universities must be received to evaluate transfer credit. 

Generally, students will be granted credit for baccalaureate level courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited two or four-year colleges.  Students may be granted transfer credit toward fulfillment of general education requirements, major, minor or elective credit. 

After the transfer evaluation is completed, students may access the evaluation via their myCSUB student center and choose the Academic Requirements item from the drop down menu.  The Academic Requirements Report will reflect how evaluated transfer course work has been applied and should be used to track progress towards your CSUB degree objective. 

Students should consult an advisor in their major department or the appropriate Advising Center for assistance in the selection of courses. Some major/support courses may need to be petitioned through the student’s major department if articulation agreements are not in place in, or if classes were taken at a private institution, a UC, or an out-of-state school.

Note: Transfer students with Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit must have their official scores sent to CSUB. Be aware that test credit granted by another institution and reflected on transcripts does not automatically transfer to CSUB. 

Associate Degrees for Transfer Credit Evaluation

Upon receipt of an official transcript indicating the awarding of an approved AA-T or AS-T degree from a California Community College, a General Education certification will be recorded and transfer credit will be posted based on articulation rules in effect.

If the Transfer AA-T or AS-T degree was earned in a subject area deemed ‘similar’ to the CSUB major being pursued, additional adjustments may be necessary to ensure the student can graduate within the timeline established for these programs (normally 60 semester or 90 quarter units). It is important to meet with your academic advisor early on to identify the remaining requirements to be completed at CSUB and any adjustments needed to your degree path. 

Office of Admissions and Records

Student Services Building, 47SA
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022

Phone: (661) 654-3036
Fax: (661) 654-3389

Enrollment Management