Alerts: COVID-19 | Return to Campus | CARES Act

Does my EOP&S standing transfer?

Transfer students who were previously EOP&S or EOP at their original institution should apply to CSUB through Cal State Apply as would any other student.  The EOP question and application is part of the admission application and may be completed at the same time based on the information provided on the application. 

Once the CSUB application is complete, students should request an EOP&S verification from their previous institution.  It is up to each student to request that their original institution fax the verification--it is not automatic.

Your original institution should have our fax number, but for your reference, it is 661-654-6971. 

Transfer students who were not previously EOP&S at their institution of origin are not eligible for EOP at CSUB.  Graduate students are not eligible for EOP at CSUB.

Important note:  EOP ONLY accepts students BEFORE the first term they attend CSUB.  Continuing students who did not enter CSUB through EOP are NOT eligible to apply after they start their first term.

Also, transfer students should note that services from EOP at CSUB differ from services offered at other EOP&S programs and other CSUs.  For example, EOP at CSUB does not issue book vouchers.  Instead, students who receive the EOP Grant through financial aid can use these funds to buy books, bus passes, or any other necessities.   

Office of Admissions and Records

Student Services Building, 47SA
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022

Phone: (661) 654-3036
Fax: (661) 654-3389

Enrollment Management