Alert: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Terms & Conditions

Acceptance of Your Award

By accepting my financial aid award, I have indicated my acceptance or rejection of financial aid funds, and I have read and accept the conditions which apply to this award.

I affirm that I will use any funds I receive under the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Student Loan, or Federal PLUS programs solely for expenses related to attendance at California State University, Bakersfield.

I understand that I am responsible for repaying any funds that I receive which cannot reasonably be attributed to meeting my educational expenses at California State University, Bakersfield. I further understand that the amount of any repayment is based on the regulations published by the Secretary of Education. I also affirm that I do not owe a refund on a Pell Grant, or a Supplemental Grant, nor am I in default on a Perkins Loan, Federally Insured, Guaranteed, Stafford, SLS or PLUS previously received at this or any other post-secondary institution, and have nor borrowed more than the loan limits under the Title IV programs at any institution.

I certify under penalty of perjury that all information pertaining to my household size, family members who are or will be attending post-secondary institutions during the academic year pertaining to my aid application, and all information pertaining to my resources, is correct and reflects any changes that may have occurred since application.

I understand that on Census Day, which typically occurs at CSUB in the third week of each term, the OFA&S will recalculate student financial aid awards (specifically for the Federal Pell Grant, Cal Grant and State University Grant funds) based on changes in your enrollment. If you have dropped units after receiving aid, this may result in reduction in your award and a balance on your account. This Census Day Repackaging policy is outlined on our web site.

I understand that, by federal regulation, units added to my enrollment after Census Day can NOT be counted in determining my financial aid eligibility (including registration after Census Day for late start classes, Add Slip delays, etc.).

I understand that this award is contingent upon final approval and receipt of funds from Federal and State agencies, and it is valid only if I am enrolled as a student at California State University, Bakersfield during the period(s) covered by the award.

I understand State University Tuition Fees are subject to change by the CSU Board of Trustees. Our additional Campus-Based Tuition Fees are subject to change by recommendation of the CSUB Campus-wide Fee Committee and approval by the CSUB President.

If I am a transfer student with Cal Grant eligibility, I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) that I will be attending CSUB in a timely manner so that Cal Grant eligibility appears on the CSUB's Cal Grant eligibility roster. If I fail to notify CSAC of the change in school, and do not appear on CSUB's Cal Grant roster by the end of the academic year (June 30th), I should contact CSAC to find out about requesting a Cal Grant award Leave of Absence for the terms in which I did not receive Cal Grant funds so that my award eligibility is not canceled for future terms.

I authorize California State University, Bakersfield to deduct payment of deferred tuition, registration tuition fees, current year room and board due to the institution, and any university debt from my financial aid award.

I authorize California State University, Bakersfield to deduct payment of tuition, registration fees, current year room and board due to the institution, and any other university debt from my financial aid award disbursement [including any grants (including Cal Grant B stipend if applicable), scholarships, and/or Federal Student/Parent Loans]. I understand that to revoke my authorization (i.e., opt out) I will need to contact the CSUB Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships in writing before my aid is disbursed and that I will be responsible for paying any outstanding university debt on my account immediately.

If I am attending two schools, I understand that I can receive aid at only one school. I must report this in writing to the CSUB Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.

I understand, agree, and accept that any over-award is an educational loan and will survive any bankruptcy filing on my behalf and will not be discharged by any bankruptcy proceedings.

I have been made aware of the CSU Student Lending Code of Conduct.

I understand that my financial aid cannot exceed my Cost of Education, and that if I am receiving other aid specifically earmarked for fees (e.g., Cal Grant, Athletic Grant Fee Awards, Fee Waivers, etc.), that any State University Grant (SUG) I am awarded will be reduced accordingly.

Terms & Conditions of Your Award

Initial awards for Undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Credential students are based on full-time enrollment in, and completion of, 12 or more units each term with a minimum total of 36 units for the academic year with at least a 2.0 GPA. Masters candidates must enroll and complete 8 or more total units each term (of 500-or 600-level coursework), with a minimum total of 24 units for the academic year with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Awards are prorated at Census Day for students enrolled less than full-time.

To be eligible for most types of financial aid disbursements, students must have at least half-time enrollment by term. Undergraduate, 2nd Bach, or Credential students >= 6 units, Masters >= 4 units. Students with less than half-time enrollment are NOT eligible for financial aid disbursements.

Approval by the Financial Aid Office is needed to withdraw. Students who withdraw may be required to make a repayment to the University, their student loan lender, or both.

You are required to report in writing all changes in address, marital status, enrollment level, housing residence status, household size, dependency status, number of family members in college, or financial status. Failure to report these changes may result in the adjustment, cancellation or repayment of your award.

Students awarded Federal Work-Study must complete the Work-Study Questionnaire to accept or decline their FWS award (Note: students who are not hired within 30 days of either being awarded FWS, or by October 1st, whichever is later, will have their FWS award canceled and re-awarded to another student).

All Financial Aid awards are dependent upon availability of funds and may be reduced or canceled.

Student whose registration or dormitory tuition fees were paid through financial aid funds are not eligible for a refund if they withdraw. The refund will be used to reimburse the financial aid programs used to pay the tuition fees.

Students who cease their attendance after receipt of financial aid funds, but do not officially withdraw from the term, may be required to repay all or part of the funds received.

Right to Know

  • which financial aid programs are available to you.
  • deadline for submitting application materials.
  • how your eligibility is determined.
  • how recipients are selected from the group of eligible applicants.
  • how and when awards are disbursed.
  • which portions of your award must be repaid (and the terms of repayment) before you accept or receive any funds.
  • how to challenge or appeal your award, or any decision pertaining to your award.
  • to receive a notification or explanation of any reduction, cancellation or withdrawal or your award.

You are responsible for:

  • Completing application materials on-time each year.
  • Providing correct and accurate information.
  • Keeping your personal university information up-to-date, including your e-mail address, by completing the BioData Change Form from the Admissions & Records Office.
  • Read and understand all forms and keep your own copy.
  • Promptly reporting in writing the receipt of tuition/fee assistance from other sources: Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Administration, employers, etc. or receipt of financial aid from another college or university while you are enrolled on this campus. Report non-CSUB outside scholarships by completing and submitting the Scholarship Disclosure Form.
  • Report VA Benefits by completing the VA Education Benefit Verification Worksheet.
  • Paying registration tuition fees and/or campus housing costs from other resources if your award is reduced, withdrawn or canceled.
  • Formally declining your financial aid award and withdrawing your registration if you decide not to attend CSUB.
  • Completing a Direct Deposit Authorization online via myCSUB for the Student Financial Services (SFS) Office.
  • Completing entrance/exit interview counseling if you receive a Federal Perkins Loan, or Federal Stafford Student Loan.
  • Notifying the lender promptly (if you received a student loan) of any changes of address, schools attended, graduation date or other factors that affect the status of your loan.
  • Reading and familiarizing yourself with our: Steps to Financial Aid
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines
  • Census Day Repackaging guidelines
  • Withdrawal guidelines

Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022 

Phone: (661) 654-3016
Fax: (661) 654-6800

Contact Us

Federal School Code: 007993

Follow us on Facebook

CSUB Academic Scholarships

Apply Now

iGrad Financial Literacy