(1) Learn the concept of limits. Use graphical and numerical methods
to identify situations where limits may not exist. Apply algebraic
methods to evaluate limits.
(2) Introduction to the concept of continuity using limits.
(3) Study of the derivative from the limit definition. Understand
the geometric meaning of the derivative. Interpret the derivative as
a rate of change.
(4) Learn the derivatives of basic functions, including
trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions.
(5) Learn the rules of differentiation, including the chain rule and
(6) Applications of the derivative in linear approximation, rates of
change, graphing functions, optimization problems, roots of
functions through Newtonís method, and LíHŰpitalís Rule.
(7) Introduction to the concept of antiderivatives.