- 1984 - 1993 Diplom Chemiker (M.S.), Organic Chemistry (Organic
University of Vienna, Austria , 1984 -
University of Cologne, Germany, 1988 -
Research Advisor: Professor Dr. Emanuel Vogel
Thesis Title: "Synthesis of Novel Thiaporphyrinoids"
- 1988 - 1992 Bayer AG, Crop
Protection Center, Monheim, Germany
Intern in Organic Synthesis
- 1985 - 1987 Bayer AG, Crop Protection Center, Monheim, Germany
Intern in Biochemistry
- Chemistry in Your Life
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Preparation for College Chemistry
- General Chemistry I
- General Chemistry II
- Quantitative Analysis with Laboratory
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry with Laboratory
- Seminar in Chemical Literature
- Graduate level Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Graduate Laboratory in Materials Science
- Program Director, CSUB STEM Program funded by Chevron Corp.
- Principal Investigator, REU program funded by the Alabama Space Grant Consortium.
- Synthesized and studied inorganic metal complexes
- Designed, synthesized, and analyzed three dimensional non-covalent
compounds and the metal coordination properties of novel expanded porphyrins
- Investigated the molecular recognition properties on the basis of
non-covalent interactions with anions using 1H NMR spectroscopy and
- Synthesized a variety of functionalized organic molecules for application
in crop protection
- Developed and applied enzymatic test systems to screen a variety of organic
molecules for their application in crop protection
- Co-authored 18 scientific papers, 2 book chapters, and 2 patents
- Chair, Mojave Desert Section of the ACS, 2006 - present.
- Chair-elect, Mojave Desert Section of the ACS, 2005.
- Judge, Kern County Science Fair, 2005 - 2007.
- Member, Committee on Academic Requirements and Standards (CARS), 2007 - present.
- CSUB Pre Professional Advisory Committee, 2007.
- Member, School of Science Curriculum Committee, 2005 - present.
- Chair, University Program Review Committee (UPRC), 2007 - current.
- Chair, Assessment Committee of the Department of Chemistry, 2007 - present.
- Advisor, CSUB Chemistry Club (SAACS), 2003 - 2008.
- Schlenck techniques
- 1H, 13 C, 7 Li, VT, and 2D NMR
- UV-Vis and IR spectroscopy
- EPR spectroscopy
- Cyclic voltammetry / square wave voltammetry
- X-ray crystallography
- Fluent in German
- A full list of 18 publications, 2 book chapters and two patents is found