- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
The Writing Center’s aim is to help students improve their writing. While we do not proofread students’ papers, we do help the students become better writers by engaging students in conversation about their work; posing challenging questions; and asking students to write to think, reflect, or practice particular skills.
Our writing consultants are experienced writers, primarily graduate students, studying in a variety of disciplines including English, Religious Studies, Psychology, Music, and Theater.
What we can do for you:
- We can visit your class to introduce the Writing Resource Center to your students: if you would like to have a Writing Center Tutor visit your class, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can provide session reports: if you would like to receive an emailed report of your student’s session, please ask the student to let us know during her consultation.
- We can work with you to make writing tutors more aware of conventions in your discipline: the more we know about the type of writing you are looking for, the better we can help your students. Please email Writing Center Coordinator at email@example.com.
- The WRC Coordinator offers consultations in designing effective writing assignments across the disciplines. An effective writing assignment can advance important course objectives. It clarifies what you expect of students, encourages students to learn actively, and may even help them to self-assess both their learning and their written work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- The WRC offers test and essay proctoring services for all faculty. Either email us or stop by with the details about the assignment (use of notes, time limit, name of student taking test/essay), and we will take care of the rest. Completed tests/essay can be picked up at our office or dropped in your mailbox.
Faculty may also freely print out this referral form below if they require tutoring as part of their course or feel a student would benefit from a tutoring session. The link for the document is below.