- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
The Writing Center’s aim is to help students improve their writing. While we do not proofread students’ papers, we do help the students become better writers by engaging students in conversation about their work; posing challenging questions; and asking students to write to think, reflect, or practice particular skills.
Our writing consultants are experienced writers, primarily graduate students, studying in a variety of disciplines including English, Religious Studies, Psychology, Music, and Theater.
What we can do for you:
- We can visit your class to introduce the Writing Resource Center to your students: if you would like to have a Writing Center Tutor visit your class, please email us at email@example.com.
- We can provide session reports: if you would like to receive an emailed report of your student’s session, please ask the student to let us know during her consultation.
- We can work with you to make writing tutors more aware of conventions in your discipline: the more we know about the type of writing you are looking for, the better we can help your students. Please email Writing Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The WRC Coordinator offers consultations in designing effective writing assignments across the disciplines. An effective writing assignment can advance important course objectives. It clarifies what you expect of students, encourages students to learn actively, and may even help them to self-assess both their learning and their written work. Email email@example.com for an appointment.
- The WRC offers test and essay proctoring services for all faculty. Either email us or stop by with the details about the assignment (use of notes, time limit, name of student taking test/essay), and we will take care of the rest. Completed tests/essay can be picked up at our office or dropped in your mailbox.
Faculty may also freely print out this referral form below if they require tutoring as part of their course or feel a student would benefit from a tutoring session. The link for the document is below.
The documents below are flyers we hand out to faculty and students and post on campus with our hours of operations, location, and contact info. Feel free to print and spread the word.
Forms for Tutoring
Faculty may also freely print out this referral form if they require tutoring as part of their course or feel a student would benefit from a tutoring session. The link for the document is below.
This form is used in English 910 to track required tutoring hours for the course.
This form can be used as part of a tutoring requirement for a course or for a single assignment. The form forces students to actively think about their what they learned during their session and to make decisions about future plans for revision after the session. It is meant to be turned in with an assignment.