- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Make an Appointment
- All appointments are 30 minutes.
- Students may schedule only one (1) appointment per day for a maximum of 30 minutes of tutoring per day. If a student requires additional help, he or she will be treated as a walk-in. Appointments must be made, in most instances, 24 hours before the desired appointment time
- If a student is 5 minutes late for an appointment, the student forfeits the tutorial session, and the student will be treated as a walk-in.
- Authors of papers must be present for the tutoring session. Tutors will not work with a student who brings someone else's essay, nor will they proofread, edit, or fix a paper that has been dropped off.
If a student makes an appointment and fails to show after 5 minutes without advance notification, they receive a 1st strike (warning).
On the second no-show 2nd strike, they are not eligible to make appointments for the rest of the term. The ability to make appointments will be restored the followinig quarter.
To make an appointment, call 661-654-6411.
To make an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the time, date, subject, and what you need to work on (e.g., thesis, organization, structure, grammar, development, brainstorming, citation, or other). Note that the WRC only checks emails during normal operating hours: Monday-Thursday, 9-5 and Friday, 9-1.
- Once you submit your request, wait for an email from the Writing Resource Center to confirm the time and date of your appointment. The email will state that either you appointment is confirmed, or if that time is not available, we will offer alternative dates and times that are available.
- You are also welcome to make an appointment by calling the Writing Resource Center at 661-654-6411
*Make sure to bring a printed copy of your paper and your writing assignment/prompt. Alternatively, you can print (10) pages maximum per day per student if you work with a tutor.