- Develop a new Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering emphasis.
- Develop 5 new courses which integrate agriculture-related learning and align with existing redesigned STEM courses.
- Recruit and enroll 15 high school students and 5 transfer students to participate in ag cohort.
- Provide 1 full scholarship and financial assistance to 3 other students.
- Innovative STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, and Mathematics) concentration will be developed in CSUB´s School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering as a model of modern agricultural education.
- CSUB STEM faculty will be trained to be facilitators of learning.
- Faculty will develop and test proven hands-on learning methods for STEAM.
- CSUB´s Agricultural scholarship and grants funds will be used to recruit students, partnering with local agricultural organizations (University of California Cooperative Extension office Kern County) to do agricultural outreach, and inform potential students about agricultural degree completion opportunity.