- Up to
Teaching Innovation Grants
All lecturers, tenure-track and tenure faculty may apply for Teaching Innovation Grants up to the amount of $500 to support innovations in teaching and learning activities in a variety of ways, including support for teaching-related supplies, materials, and service. All materials, supplies, services, etc. must be submitted to and processed through the Faculty Teaching & Learning Center.
Proposal Requests for Funding
Support for expenses normally covered by departments or schools and requests for faculty stipends or release time will not be funded. However, budget requests may include:
- Teaching-related books, manuals, journals or supplies to innovate your course(s),
- Purchasing and integrating instructional technology materials and supplies into your courses in new ways,
- Support for travel to teaching conferences (provided the attendee presents a workshop about the conference upon return and adds materials to the Faculty TLC resource library),
- Funding for special services related to teaching (e.g., developing slides, transparencies, CD resources).
All lecturers, tenure-track and tenure faculty may submit proposals for Teaching Innovation Grants. For a proposal to be considered, all applicants must have submitted their FINAL GRANT REPORTS for all previous awards.
Criteria for proposal review:
- Anticipated positive impact on teaching (most important).
- Probable impact on many students.
- Other funding has been sought and obtained, if available.
- If funds are limited, priority will be given to those who have not received recent TLC teaching grants.
- Benefits will be shared with faculty colleagues.
Call the Faculty TLC (ext. 2084) if you need additional information
Download Adobe Reader to read PDF files.
Download Excel Viewer to read Excel files.