CSUB Theatre Minor
Minor in Theatre at CSUB
Do you have a love for theatre but are already majoring in another field? Did you take a theatre class, have a great experience, and now would like to take more? Do you want to enhance your skills in teaching, speaking, creative thinking, design, literature, or writing—skills you can apply in a variety of careers? Consider minoring in theatre!
We offer three minors: a general theatre minor, a minor for those interested in design and theatre technology, and a minor for those wanting to use theatre with children (e.g. teachers, church and camp counselors, performers/theatre artists).
Minors are welcome (as are all CSUB students) to participate in department productions.
For information about our courses, please refer to the course descriptions under our “For Majors” section on the Theatre webpage.
Requirements for the Minor in Theatre (20 units)
Four five-unit courses in Theatre at the 200-level or above, at least two of which must be upper division.
Requirements for the Minor in Theatre Technology (24 units)
- Theatre 241 Introduction to Stage Craft
- Theatre 251 Technical Theatre and Design
Two courses chosen from:
- Theatre 351 Lighting Design
- Theatre 352 Scenic Design
- Theatre 353 Costume Design
- Theatre 354 AutoCAD for the Theatre
Four units chosen from:
- Theatre 202/402 Technical Theatre Lab
- Theatre 203/403 Run of Show
Minor in Theatre for Youth (22 units)
- Theatre 232 Acting I
- Theatre 305 Creative Dramatics
- Theatre 307 Dramatic Literature for Children
- Theatre 405 Theatre for Youth
- Theatre 206/406 Theatre for Youth Practicum