- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Mission & Goals
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of the Theatre Department at California State University, Bakersfield is to develop the skills, craft, knowledge and imagination of its students within a liberal arts context. This broad preparation at the undergraduate level develops a foundation for any theatre specialization. Our aim is to help our students acquire the skills necessary to succeed in their future pursuits. The curriculum includes courses in performance, design/technology, dramatic literature/theatre history, theatre for youth, directing and playwriting. An integral part of a student’s training is regular participation in our season of theatrical productions. As on-campus performances are open to the public and touring performances reach thousands of local school children each year, enhancing the quality of life of the community is also a very important part of the Theatre Department’s mission.
- To prepare students for career opportunities in theatre and related fields.
- To develop skills in cooperation, communication, and collaboration through the theatrical process.
- To develop critical thinking and writing skills through the study of theatre’s contribution to civilization.
- To prepare students to work independently in a disciplined and productive manner.