- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Upcoming Production Spring 2017
Eccentricities of a Nightingale
By Tennessee Williams
Directed by Maria-Tania Becerra
A powerful and poetic work by one of America's greatest writers. The play centers on the complex relationship between a sensitive, lonely woman and a young doctor, her touching attempts to sway his emotions, and his uncertainty as to where his heart should lead him.
Thursday-Saturday, February 23, 24 & 25 at 8PM
Saturday-Sunday, February 25 & 26 at 2PM
Saturday, March 4 at 8PM
Sunday, March 5 at 2PM
Limited seating; reservations strongly recommended as this production normally sells out: (661) 654-3150
Reservations will be taken starting February 13th.
Note: latecomers cannot be seated
$10 General Admission
$8 Seniors (60+)/CSUB Faculty & Staff
$5 Students with Identification
The Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance and takes cash and checks only. We do not take credit cards.
Box Office Phone: (661) 654-3150.
Parking is free in lot adjacent to the theatre.
The Theatre Program is part of CSUB's Music & Theatre Department. To check out the Music Program, go to https://www.csub.edu/music/index.html
We are in the School of Arts & Humanities. To check out the School website, go to https://www.csub.edu/ah/index.html
"Studying at the CSUB Theatre Department allowed me to experiment with projects and roles that shaped the actor I am today. They gave me space and tools to create art —regardless of size and scope — always encouraging creativity, spontaneity and hard work. I was lucky to have what I did in the theatre program at CSUB and continually draw on my time there for inspiration."
—Jeff Lepine, Artistic Director of The Peoples Improv Theater, NYC
"CSUB Theatre cultivates artists as they take responsibility for and initiative in their craft. It offers support and countless possibilities for students who are committed to growth."
—Miguel Torres, CSU Fullerton MFA Program
Come Study With Us!
CSUB Theatre can offer you the following:
- small class sizes allowing individual attention from dedicated, experienced faculty
- opportunities to perform, design, direct, stage manage
- a lively production program including a Theatre for Young Audiences tour and Theatre of New Voices—a new play festival
- training in acting, design, directing, creative dramatics
- a solid foundation in theatre history, literature and script analysis
We take pride in turning out well-rounded members of the theatre community.