- Up to
Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Fee||Start Time|
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO TAKING THE GWAR
- Completion of at least 90 quarter units (completed prior to test date)
- Completion of English 110 or its equivalent course with a grade of "C" or higher
- To register for the exam, you must bring a transcript (official or unofficial) or your completed evaluation form from the records office to prove that you have completed the requirements
- Pay the test fee at Cashiers Office in the Administration East Building
- Your receipt and registration form must reach the Testing Center prior to the registration deadline
- Keep Admission Ticket and take it with you to the test, with a picture I.D.
- Walk-Ins are not permitted to take the test (prior registration is required)
- Registration Deadline - Wednesday before the exam date by 5:00 p.m.
- Paying for the GWAR does not mean that you have registered to take the test
- If you pay the fee, but your registration form doesn't reach the Testing Center by the registration deadline, you may apply the fee to another test date or request a refund from the English Department.
- The examination fee is not refundable unless (1) you inform the Testing Center on or before the registration deadline (normally 8 days prior to the examination) or (2) you present a signed medical excuse or other evidence of an unanticipated and unavoidable conflict with the examination
To view sample questions and writing responses, [click here].