- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
California State University, Bakersfield
Division of Student Affairs
2015-16 Student Leader Hall of Fame
The California State University, Bakersfield Student Leader Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed upon CSUB student leadership. The Hall of Fame is reserved for twenty students annually who have shown integrity and achievement through leadership activities, community involvement, participation in campus life, and scholarship while attending CSUB. Through their involvement as student leaders, it is clear to all who encounter them that they are set apart from other outstanding student leaders as especially deserving of this unique honor.
Inductees will receive a plaque. Photos of inductees and a perpetual plaque will be displayed in the Student Union.
All nomination materials are due: Friday, April 29, 2016 by 10:00 p.m.
- Nominees must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate degree-seeking student at CSUB and have earned at least 130 credit hours toward an undergraduate degree. (One graduate student may be considered by the selection committee).
- Nominees must have been a full-time student more than half the time during their attendance at CSUB.
- Nominees must have excelled in the following categories:
- Leadership Qualities
- Participation in campus life and/or community involvement
- Academic Achievement
- Nominees must be enrolled at CSUB during the term of nomination or the quarter prior to selection and be free of any disciplinary probation.
- Three letters of recommendation must accompany the nomination. The recommendations must be from individuals related to and have first-hand knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments or service at CSUB and to the community:
- One letter must be from a member of CSUB faculty or staff.
- One letter must be from an executive officer from the student’s organization.
- One letter must be from a student that is an executive officer of a recognized student organization (cannot be from the same organization as the nominee).
Selection Process and Timeline
- Students will be selected for induction into the California State University, Bakersfield Student Leader Hall of Fame by a Selection Committee comprised of faculty, staff, and students appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee.
- Nominees will have their academic and disciplinary records examined by the Selection Committee.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically on the form found at the link above. Nominees must submit a résumé, not to exceed two pages, and a personal statement, not to exceed 600 words. Personal statements and résumés that exceed these limits will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
- Personal statements submitted by the nominee must discuss three specific examples of how his or her involvement in the CSUB community has made a difference in or changed the student’s life.
- Persons having any questions about this process should contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.