- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Gaming for good!
Campus Gamers is a club for CSUB students who enjoy playing games of all kinds. Members enjoy a variety of video games, board games, card games, tabletop games and more.
Campus Gamers' mission includes:
- Helping students meet other students who enjoy the same games, thereby facilitating friendships.
- Introducing students to new, foreign and historical games.
- Helping students who are interested in making games.
- Helping students who want to work in the game industry.
- Promoting games as a tool to improve education.
- Using games as a vehicle for community service projects and charity efforts.
- Changing public perception to better acknowledge the generosity and camaraderie of gamers.
Campus Gamers was founded in 2011, and it its three years of existence, it has won CSUB's "Outstanding Club of the Year" in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013.
Each year, Campus Gamers organizes two major events. In the spring, "Gamer Education Day" brings members of the game industry to CSUB to talk to students about a variety of game-related topics. "Extra Life" is a 12-hour gaming marathon that takes place in the CSUB Student Union each fall, and raises money for the "Lauren Small Children's Medical Center" at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital - one of the "Children's Miracle Network" hospitals. More information about these events can be found at the links to the left.
Campus Gamers meetings are open to all students, faculty, staff, administration and alumni of CSUB. Generally, meetings consist of one hour of business followed by two hours of gameplay. Membership in the club (and voting rights) requires attendance at at least three regular meetings or special events. Special events might include GED, Extra Life, Scary Rec Carnival, Celebrate CSUB, club fairs, game days at the library, Bakersfield Comic-Con, BakAnime, midnight game launch events, or any other organized Campus Gamers event.
We hope you'll join us!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.”
George Bernard Shaw
Campus Gamers Promotional Video
Officers and Advisor
President: Dylan Kumar
Vice President: Mario Hernandez
Treasurer: Christopher Enriquez
Secretary: Dakota Bollinger
PR/Advertising Lead: Maynor Lopez
PR/Advertising: Ikea Wilson
PR/Advertising: John Eusebio
Gaming Co-Chair (FPS and Fighting): Jordan Bailey
Gaming Co-Chair (Cards): Thomas Salinas
Gaming Co-Chair (Retro): Erick Herrera
Gaming Co-Chair (Racing): John Eusebio
Historian: Alex Van Orden
Advisor: Dr. Rhonda E. Dugan
Meeting and Contact Info
Meeting Times and Location:
Every Friday in BDC 154
3PM - 4PM: Business Meeting
4PM - 6PM: Gameplay Meeting