Use Adobe Reader to view PDF files
Fees approved by the State Historical Resources Commission are based on a minimum charge of one hour and by half hour increments thereafter.
Fees for paper products can be found here.
Fees for digital products can be found here.
The center can conduct a cost estimate for projects if a project map(s) is provided. Estimates taking more than 15 minutes to complete will be subject to the a $150.00 hourly charge.
First time clients are required to provide a deposit check for the initial hour of work based on the service rate requested. Checks can be made payable to CSU, Bakersfield. We do not accept cash or credit cards.
Submitting Resource Records &
Please follow these standards for submitting paper and digital (electronic) format resource records and study reports. At this time the SSJVIC requires documents in paper format. Digital (electronic) format documents are not required but are accept in addition to paper format documents. See the Rules of Operation Manual for standards for completing resource records and study reports. If submitted documents do not comply with these standard, then the center will be unable to process them. Appropriate DPR 523 Forms can be found on the Office of Historic Preservation website.
Paper Document Submission
- Submit one unbound copy of each resource record and/or study report.
- Submit cover letter with contact information.
Digital (Electronic) Document Submission
- All documents must be submitted in an UNLOCKED, Adobe Acrobat PDF format.. Follow the CHRIS Standards for PDF submittal.
- If shapefiles are being submitted, they should be submitted with the associated documents. To quickly integrate shapefiles into our system, feature classes should be points, polylines, or polygons. Please disable M and Z values.
- DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS OR SHAPEFILES THROUGH EMAIL. ALL ITEMS IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT MUST BE SENT IN ON CD OR DVD THROUGH THE MAIL.