JavaScript is required for basic dynamic and interactive browsing.

M.A. in Education Administration

The specialization in educational administration is available for post-baccalaureate teachers or school counselors who have an interest in administering programs in elementary or secondary public schools. Most candidates for the Certificate of Eligibility (the first administrative credential) also take seven additional units in educational statistics and research design to earn the M.A. degree. Once earned, the Certificate of Eligibility lasts indefinitely until the candidate obtains an administrative position, and then is converted, without further coursework, to the Preliminary AdministrativeServices Credential, which lasts five years. During those five years, the candidate must obtain the Professional Clear Administrative Services Credential, which CSUB also offers. Administrative credentials in California authorize service as a superintendent, associate superintendent, deputy superintendent, principal, assistant principal, curriculum coordinator, or in any equivalent or intermediate level administrative position.

View the Education Administration fact sheet here.

Advanced Educational Studies

California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA  93311-1022

Phone: (661) 654-3055
Fax: (661) 654-2479
Office: Education 238

Antelope Valley Center

California State University, Bakersfield-AV
43909 30th Street West
Lancaster, CA  93536

Phone: (661) 952-5080
Fax: (661) 952-5122
Office: 301

Information Session Dates

Main Campus
March 23, 2015
5:00 p.m.
Education Building, Room 128

June 17, 2015
5:00 p.m.
Education Building, Room 128

Antelope Valley Campus
March 16, 2015
3:00 p.m.
Room 120

March 30, 2015
3:00 p.m.
Room 120