All course fees must be paid in full by the first day of class.
--Fees - Click here for information on regional program fees
To Register By Mail
Download and complete a Registration Form. Mail Registration Form and payment to Regional Programs at the following address:
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway 30 BDC
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Checks are payable to CSUB. If paying with Visa or MasterCard, indicate card information at the bottom of the form, along with the approved amount to be charged and the signature of the cardholder.
Go to Financial Aid for more information about Federal and State student aid.
To Register Online
Students who have attended one or more quarters will have access to Online Registration. To register online, click on the myCSUB link on the left menu bar and enter your Net ID (this will be included in your admission paperwork) and password (default password is year of birth and last four digits of your social security number). A Campus ID will be assigned after a new student is input into the system. Courses that require prerequisites do not allow online registration, and a Registration form must be faxed or mailed into the Regional Programs office. Students who register online have the option of online payment with Mastercard, Discover, or American Express, but a 2.9% surcharge will be applied. Online E-check is also available, free of charge. Due to privacy issues, we can no longer accept payments via fax, email, or phone. Students may fax registration forms to 661/654-2447 and leave the payment information area blank or check the appropriate box if they are Financial Aid students. Once registered, students may go online to their MyCSUB account and pay the balance.
To Drop a Course
Download an Add/Drop form and fax to 661/654-2447.
- Course Cancellation for any Reason
A full refund of fees will be made.
- Five or More Class Meetings (Or Online Course)
(1) Withdraw prior to the second meeting (or by the fourth day of an online course) -- full refund less $25 administrative fee
(2) Withdraw after the second scheduled class meeting (or after the fourth day of an online courses) and prior to a date at which 25% of the course has elapsed -- 60% of courses fees refunded. No refund after 25 % of the course has elapsed.
- Four or Fewer Class Meetings
(1) Full refund less $25 administrative fee prior to the first meeting.
(2) Withdraw after first meeting and prior to second = 60% of course fees refunded for classes with three or four sessions; no refund for classes with one or two sessions.