Two-Year Sample Plan B
For students requiring pre-calculus and chemistry preparation but not remedial English or Math.
Students requiring remedial work in English and/or Math will likely need three years to complete
our pre-engineering program.
A “normal” student workload is 15 units, the schedule below is generally 15 or 17 units per quarter.
Students who can handle larger workloads without any diminishment to their grades can add an additional
class per quarter.
|ENGL 110||Writing and Research 1|
|MATH 191||Pre-calculus I 2|
|CHEM 101||Preparation for College Chemistry 3|
|CSUB 101||CSUB Orientation|
|ENGR 160||Engineering Orientation|
|MATH 192||Pre-calculus Mathematics II|
|CHEM 211||General Chemistry I|
|COMM 108||Public Communication 4|
|ENGR 161||Introduction to Engineering|
|CHEM 212||General Chemistry II|
|MATH 201||Calculus I|
|CMPS 221/150||Programming Fundamentals and Introduction to Unix||
|PHYS 221||Classical Physics I|
|MATH 202/222||Calculus II and Laboratory Experience 5|
|PHIL 102||Logical Reasoning 6|
|PHYS 222||Classical Physics II|
|ENGR 240||Analytic Mechanics, Statics|
|MATH 203||Calculus III|
|PHYS 223||Optics and Modern Physics|
|MATH 204||Calculus IV|
|ENGR 207||Electric Circuits|
- 1 Assumes the student is exempt from remedial English classes.
- 2 Eligibility for MATH 191 requires a 550 or better on the SAT Math Test, 23 or better on the ACT Math
Test, or a 50 or better on the Entry Level Mathematics exam. Students with a 3 or better on the AP Exam (Math or Statistics)
or passing the Calculus Readiness Test can take MATH 201 instead of 191.
- 3 Students passing the Chemistry Placement Test or with 3 or better on the AP Chemistry Exam can enroll
into CHEM 211.
- 4 Students planning to transfer to a UC school should instead take ENGL 101.
- 5 MATH 222 is normally taken at the same time as MATH 202 but can instead be taken alongside MATH 203.
- 6 Students transferring to Fresno, Northridge, or San Luis Obispo do not need to take PHIL 102,
take a different General Education course.
Class offerings vary, do not assume the above schedule will always be valid. Meet with a pre-engineering advisor
to plan your schedule.