CSUB Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Sciences
We envision the program starting in Fall 2012. It will provide students with a broad foundation in engineering. Moreover, it will offer opportunities for team-based design projects in collaboration with local industries and public institutions. Students will be prepared for careers in for-profit and nonprofit organizations. They will also be qualified to apply to graduate school.
The educational objectives of the Engineering Sciences program are to produce graduates who, during the first few years of professional practice, will:
- Be employed by industry or government in fields such as design, research and development, experimentation and testing, manufacturing, and technical sales.
- Assume an increasing level of responsibility and leadership within their respective organizations.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural work environments.
- Recognize and understand the global, environmental, social, and ethical contexts of their work.
- Be flexible in responding to changing social and technical environments.
- Be academically prepared to pursue graduate studies and/or certificate programs in a field of engineering.
- Be committed to lifelong learning to enhance their careers.