- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
New Student Orientation
All entering new students are required to attend an Orientation program at California State University, Bakersfield. Orientation is required to familiarize yourself with the university. It is the opportunity to meet with administrators, faculty and staff. You will hear from many student service programs, academic departments and student clubs and organizations designed to assist and help you while you are attending CSUB. It will also be the perfect time to establish new relationships with other students with similar goals and aspirations. As we say here at CSUB, "It's Your University."
Guidelines to attend any New Student Orientation:
- You must be admitted to CSUB and have ACCEPTED your admission on your mycsub portal in order to attend an Orientation program.
- You must sign-up (either online or by mail) for Orientation by the deadline.
- There will be no admittance to the Orientation if you have not completed the steps above.
- Unless exempt, you must have taken the EPT/ELM test and have scores on file at CSUB before you register for classes (Freshmen only). Advising information.
- There is a mandatory New Student Orientation fee for all new students. The fee is charged to all new undergraduate students at CSU Bakersfield. The fee is separate from and in addition to other deposits, registration fees and tuition.
- There will be a $25 reshceduling fee assessed if you change your orientation date after you have been confirmed by e-mail.
- NO WALK-INS WILL BE ADMITTED.
|April 29, 2017 - All Majors||Freshman||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||April 19, 2017|
|June 12, 2017 - NSME/A&H/Und||Freshman||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||June 5, 2017|
|June 13, 2017 - SSE/Und||Freshman||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||June 5, 2017|
|June 14, 2017 - NSME/A&H||Freshman||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||June 5, 2017|
|June 15, 2017 - BPA/SSE||Freshman||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||June 5, 2017|
|April 29, 2017||Transfer||8:00 AM||ICARDO Center||April 19, 2017|
|June 28, 2017||Transfer||8:00 AM||Dore Theater||June 19, 2017|
|June 28, 2017||Transfer||1:00 PM||Dore Theater||June 19, 2017|
*Note - There is a mandatory New Student Orientation fee for all new students. The fee is charged to all new undergraduate students at CSU Bakersfield. The fee is separate from and in addition to other deposits, registration fees and tuition.
New Student Orientation Contact Information
New Student Orientation Coordinator