Eligibility Requirements for
The RN to BSN Completion Program
To be considered for admission students must meet the following criteria. Documentation showing that all requirements have been met must be included in your completed RN to BSN Completion Program application:
- Graduate of a nationally recognized, regionally accredited Associate Degree program in nursing. May apply while in-progress during the spring 2013 term.
- Current, clear, and active California RN License and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card. May apply while in-progress during the spring 2013 term.
- Must have at least a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or greater in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units of course work.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who know the applicant's academic and professional abilities. One must be from the most current employer.
- Submission of a completed RN to BSN Completion Program application. Please visit the website often for updates regarding the application submission period and policies.
- A typed resume. Please include your work history and the complete address of your current employer.
- Completion of all prerequisite course work with a minimum grade of "C" or above.
- Transfer Students must be in good standing at the last college attended. Students transferring from a different RN to BSN program, or those that have taken any upper-division nursing course work, will need to include a letter of good standing from their program director.
- Meet all CSUB Department of Nursing new student requirements upon admission. (See Undergraduate Handbook under "General Information").
- Pay the $30.00 application fee by check or money order made out to the CSUB Department of Nursing.
- Submit official transcripts from each college/University attended (one should go to the Office of Admissions and Records -may be sent directly from college- and one paper copy should be included in your RN to BSN Completion Program application). If any course work is in-progress at the time the transcripts are received by the University, or the Department of Nursing, a new transcript must be sent showing all final grades posted immediately upon completion.
- Must be accepted to California State University, Bakersfield (www.csumentor.edu). Please apply on February 1, 2013.