- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Option
At this time, the CSUB Department of Nursing offers a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) specialization. The FNP Program prepares advanced practice nurses for roles as primary care providers. Emphasis is placed on health promotion, disease prevention, and management of common health conditions. Graduates are prepared to provide high-quality, evidence-based care to infants, children and adults across the lifespan and from diverse backgrounds.
Graduates of the FNP Program are:
- Qualified to be certified as NPs by the State of California
- Qualified to earn their furnishing number from the State of California
- Prepared to take national FNP certification exams
- Prepared to enter a doctoral program in nursing or related field
The FNP Program curriculum is a 2-year, full-time schedule of courses. Clinical hours are completed through preceptorships with local primary care providers in healthcare settings.
MSN (FNP) Brochure
For more information about the MSN/FNP curriculum, please download the MSN Program brochure.
MSN (FNP) ApplicationThe MSN-FNP Program will be accepting applications from October 1, 2015 to February 29, 2016.
Please download the MSN Program application and submit along with the Essential Functions form and Application Survey (link will be active beginning Oct. 1st).
Questions? Please contact the MSN Program Advisor.