Our contracted agencies require students to annually complete workplace safety training that meets the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
Your annual requirements are to be completed prior to the first day of class of fall quarter each year.
These requirements are required by the university and clinical agencies. If you fail to complete these requirements, you will be administratively dropped from your nursing courses.
The following requirements below have links to documents (PDF or word format). These documents must be printed out and turned into the Drop Box (the care plan box) outside the Nursing Building.
Students are required to submit 2 copies of their completed documentation.
All documents need to be placed in a manila envelope with the
checklist attached. Your name and class level must be on the outside of the envelope.
No PARTIAL documentation will be accepted. The Department will NOT make copies of documents for you.
Bring copies with you or stop at the CSUB Print Shop to have copies made. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
Required documentation includes (provide 2 copies of each):
- Annual Health Requirements Checklist - print out two copies, sign and attach to documentation
- A current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card
- An updated health clearance form from the Student Health Center
- Professional Liability insurance
- Documentation of Health Insurance or Declination (Only if no valid insurance)
- Mask Fit Test
- Student Information/Update form
- Essential Functions form
- Local Healthcare Facility Orientation Power point - please review; DO NOT PRINT. This power point has over 200 slides.
- Hospital Education Program Post Test
- Bloodborne Pathogens OSHA Fact Sheet - review
- Bloodborne Pathogens Student certification
- Confidentiality Statement
- Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting Responsibilities
- Child Abuse Reporting Responsibilities
- CSUB Annual Safety Requirements form
- CSUB Clinical Facility Orientation form - print, sign and bring to your first clinical orientation day. This form will be required each quarter you have a clinical.
Students who have not met the requirements will not be allowed in clinical settings. Students should keep the original documents for their own records.
A master checklist will be maintained by the nursing office documenting receipt of the required documents. The copies of the documents will be placed in the student files. Faculty will be notified of students in their assigned clinical sections that have not met the requirements.