Newly Admitted Students
Dear Newly Admitted Students,
Congratulations on your acceptance into the nursing program. There are several health and safety requirements that must be completed in order to be officially admitted into the nursing program. ALL of these requirements must be completed prior to your scheduled mandatory orientation day.
These documents are due at the beginning of mandatory orientation.
The following requirements below have links to documents (PDF or word format).
Students are required to submit 2 copies of their completed documentation. All documents need to be placed in a manila envelope with a checklist attached to the documentation. Your name and class level must be on the outside of the envelope.
No PARTIAL documentation will be accepted. The Department will NOT make copies of documents for you. Bring copies with you or stop at the CSUB Print Shop to have copies made. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.
Required documentation includes (provide 2 copies of each):
- Admission Health & Safety Checklist - print out two copies, sign, attach to documentation.
- Student Information Form
- Health Clearance Form - The Student Health center requires a two-step TB clearance process which takes approximately 2 weeks to complete. Please make sure if you are completing your health clearance through the Student Health Center that you allow enough time before your orientation date.
- Proof of Background Check and Drug Testing Completion (Do NOT send results)
- Mask Fit Testing
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Documentation of Health Insurance or Declination (Only if no valid insurance)
- Essential Function Form
- Proof of purchase of Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) package
- Proof of purchase of Uniform (you will be required to wear your uniform for orientation)
- Local Healthcare Facility Orientation Power point – Review; DO NOT PRINT. This power point has over 200 slides.
- Hospital Education Program Post Test
- Bloodborne Pathogens OSHA Fact Sheets (Review)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Student Certification
- Confidentiality Statement
- Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting Responsibilities
- Child Abuse Reporting Responsibilities
- CSUB Annual Safety Requirements Form
Items 12-19 are not required to be done prior to the scheduled mandatory orientation. You will be instructed on these items at a later time.
If you fail to complete items indicated to be done by orientation, you will be unable to continue in the nursing program. If you have any questions, you can contact the Department of Nursing at (661) 654-2505.