Post-Acceptance Requirements and Clinical Documetation
Once admitted to the program, RN to BSN Students must meet the following requirements and submit proof of completion by the deadline (details to be provided in the acceptance letter):
- I. Post-Acceptance Requirements:
- RSVP: All accepted students must complete and return the RSVP form to save their seat in the program. If a student accepts a seat, then decides to stop-out of the program at a later date, that student will not be allowed to reapply to the program. Because space is the program is very limited and there are many students waiting to be accepted, it is important that each student realistically evaluate their ability to complete the nursing program.
- Completed background check (must be completed prior to the start of the program).
- Orientation: All accepted students must attend the mandatory on-campus RN to BSN Completion Program orientation.
- Drug Testing: Details will be included in your acceptance packet.
- Clinical Requirements:
- An updated copy of a current and valid RN license must be on file at all times.
- Copy of a current health care provider basic life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association must be on file at all times.
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance from CSUB (will expire if purchased prior to the Fall term)
- Copy of current medical insurance card or completed Medical Insurance Decline Form.
- Health Clearance form to be completed through the Student Health Center on-campus (Please complete the required forms and questionnaire ). Please complete these requirements and fill out the Medical Release Form which allows the Student Health Center to release your Health Clearance once complete.
- Copy of the most recent mask fit testing (only valid for one year from the date performed). If your records are not
current, you may contact the following test center:
Central Valley Occupational Medical Group Inc. 4100 Truxtun Ave #200
Bakersfield, Ca 93301