- Up to
Eligibility Requirements for the RN to BSN Program
To be considered for admission students must meet the following criteria. Documentation showing that all requirements have been met must be included in your completed RN to BSN Program application:
- Graduate of a nationally recognized, regionally accredited Associate Degree program in nursing. (Students may apply while in-progress during the spring 2014 term).
- Current, clear, and active California RN License and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card. (Students may apply while in-progress during the spring 2014 term).
- Must have at least a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or greater in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units of course work.
- Completion of all prerequisite course work with a minimum grade of "C" or above.
- Transfer Students must be in good standing at the last college attended. Students transferring from a different RN to BSN program, or those that have taken any upper-division nursing course work, will need to include a letter of good standing from their program director.
- Meet all CSUB Department of Nursing new student requirements upon admission. (See Undergraduate Handbook under "General Information").
- Must be accepted to California State University, Bakersfield (www.csumentor.edu). Please apply February through March 2014.
- Submission of a completed RN to BSN Program application. Please visit the website often for updates regarding the application submission period and policies.