- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Mission, Vision, & Values:
Statements from the CSUB Department of Nursing
California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning. The University collaborates with partners in the community to increase the region's overall educational attainment, enhance its quality of life, and support its economic development.
By 2014-15 CSU Bakersfield will be the leading campus in the CSU system in terms of faculty and academic excellence and diversity, quality of the student experience, and community engagement. Realization of our vision will be advanced by recruitment, development and promotion of excellent and diverse staff within an organizational culture committed to excellence in all areas.
In order to honor our purpose and commitment to achieving our vision of excellence in all areas, we are guided by a set of core values that shapes our work with students, with each other, and with the region we serve. These core values include the following commitments:
- Developing the intellectual and personal potential of every student
- Supporting the intellectual and professional development of all faculty and staff.
- Nurturing a civil and collegial campus environment that values the diversity of persons and ideas.
- Engaging one another with respect, trustworthiness, ethical behavior, and self-reflection.
- Promoting active and informed engagement of faculty, staff, students, and community stakeholders in shared governance.
- Being accountable to the public, alumni, students, and one another for achieving the mission, vision, and goals of the university