- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Mission, Vision, & Values
California State University, Bakersfield
California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning. The University collaborates with partners in the community to increase the region's overall educational attainment, enhance its quality of life, and support its economic development.
By 2014-15 CSU Bakersfield will be the leading campus in the CSU system in terms of faculty and academic excellence and diversity, quality of the student experience, and community engagement. Realization of our vision will be advanced by recruitment, development and promotion of excellent and diverse staff within an organizational culture committed to excellence in all areas.
In order to honor our purpose and commitment to achieving our vision of excellence in all areas, we are guided by a set of core values that shapes our work with students, with each other, and with the region we serve. These core values include the following commitments:
- Developing the intellectual and personal potential of every student
- Supporting the intellectual and professional development of all faculty and staff.
- Nurturing a civil and collegial campus environment that values the diversity of persons and ideas.
- Engaging one another with respect, trustworthiness, ethical behavior, and self-reflection.
- Promoting active and informed engagement of faculty, staff, students, and community stakeholders in shared governance.
- Being accountable to the public, alumni, students, and one another for achieving the mission, vision, and goals of the university
Department of Nursing
The Department of Nursing provides nursing education to undergraduate and graduate students seeking entry into professional nursing or advanced education. The faculty provides a collaborative, inclusive, and interactive learning environment committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and practice. The Department of Nursing accomplishes the mission through collaboration with the communities of interest.
The Department of Nursing fosters an environment that encourages lifelong learning and advancement within the profession. Graduates will have the acquired knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values essential to the practice of professional nursing. As professional nurses, our graduates will engage in evidence-based practice in an interprofessional healthcare environment. In recognition of the health needs of a multicultural society, professional nurses who are graduates of CSUB will address healthcare issues and needs of their community.
The CSUB Department of Nursing pursues innovative ways to advance nursing practice and address the growing complexities associated with creating a healthier population in California’s Central Valley.
The Department’s values align with those of the university, including academic excellence, freedom of inquiry and statement, global awareness and cultural sensitivity, diversity, honesty and fairness, democratic governance, community engagement, and personal responsibility. The DON embraces professionalism and a respect for the inherent ethical values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, and social justice as fundamental to the discipline of nursing.