- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Traffic controls planned for CSUB commencement ceremonies
June 09, 2014
Morning traffic controls are planned for Friday, June 13 and Saturday, June 14, in the vicinity of California State University, Bakersfield to accommodate traffic for commencement ceremonies at the CSUB Amphitheatre, according to University Police.
“Traffic controls will be in effect from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Friday and Saturday,” CSUB Police Chief Marty Williamson said. Williamson listed the following changes to normal traffic flow:
- Stockdale Highway will have traffic controls in place from Old River Road/Calloway Drive to Coffee/Gosford roads for the duration of the ceremonies on Friday and Saturday mornings.
- Don Hart Drive West will be open to traffic Friday and Saturday morning until the commencement processional starts (about 6:45 a.m.), then closed for the remainder of the ceremony (about 10:30 a.m.). Vehicles attempting to use the Don Hart Drive West entrance to campus will be directed eastbound on Stockdale Highway to Don Hart Drive East.
- Don Hart Drive East will be open to traffic.
- During commencement, Parking Lot D, immediately north of the Walter Stiern Library, is reserved for disabled parking and can be accessed from Don Hart East or Don Hart West Drive. Signs will direct motorists to the drop off points.
Guests and graduates are encouraged to use the parking lots on the south side of campus accessible from Camino Media and walk to the amphitheatre if they wish to avoid the large amount of traffic on the north side of campus.
CSUB commencement exercises begin on Tuesday, June 10 at 6 p.m. in the Icardo Center when the hooding ceremony for graduate students (all schools) will be held. No changes to traffic flow will be made, but those attending the ceremony should enter the campus from the south entrance at Roadrunner Drive, off Camino Media, and follow the event parking signs. A designated area for those needing disabled parking is at the north side of Lot I.
Reserved seating at all commencement ceremonies is provided for guests who need a sign language interpreter. Designated seating for guests with disabilities is available at the wheelchair accessible risers and the concrete pads at the amphitheatre. At the Icardo Center, an area is designated for people in wheelchairs and an area is reserved for those who need a sign language interpreter.
For further information, please contact University Police at (661) 654-2677 or visit www.csub.edu/campusmap for location information.
For More Information
Public Affairs Coordinator, CSUB