- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Scholarship recipients announced for the 2013 CSUB John Brock Endowment
August 26, 2013
Four outstanding California State University Bakersfield students in the school of Business and Public Administration are the recipients of the 2013 John Brock Endowment scholarships. The students will be presented with an award of $2,500 each during the annual John Brock Community Service Awards Dinner to be held on September 5, 2013 at Seven Oaks Country Club. The event will also honor Ben Stinson, III, President of Stinson Stationers, as the 2013 recipient of this year’s award.
“The students who will receive these scholarships have demonstrated not only academic achievement, but also leadership and the community service for which the John Brock Endowment was established to embody,” said Dr. John Emery, Dean of the CSUB School of Business and Public Administration. “Their future success in private and public sectors will be of great importance to Bakersfield and Kern County.”
This year’s John Brock Endowment Scholarship recipients are:
- Ricky M. Esparza –Esparza is a CSUB senior working towards his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management and Marketing. He is a member of the CSUB Hawk Honors Program; Beta Gamma Sigma, the International Society for Collegiate Schools of Business; and president of the CSUB ENACTUS Chapter, an organization that enables progress in the community through entrepreneurial action. Education has always been a priority for Esparza. He is a first-generation college student, whose desire for personal growth has allowed him to consistently maintain a high grade point average and achieve his education goals. He credits his achievements to sacrifice, hard work, and the support and encouragement of his parents. Esparza plans to earn his Master’s Degree in Business, and hopes to become a marketing manager in the technology or entertainment industry.
- Janet Espinoza – Espinoza is a CSUB senior majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. She is a member of the University Accounting Association and has interned at a local CPA firm. Espinoza transferred to CSUB from Bakersfield College (BC), where she earned Associate of Arts Degrees in Business Administration and Economics. While at BC, she served as treasurer for the Bakersfield Business Leadership Academy and participated in community service events such as BC’s food pantry distributions and projects to renovate the business building. During her last semester at BC, she was awarded the Business Department Award of the Year. She is a first-generation college student who credits her hard work ethic to her supportive parents. Espinoza plans on pursuing her CPA license and hopes to work for a local CPA firm.
- Paisley Stidham – Stidham will be starting her senior year at CSUB this fall where she will be majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources. She has already taken over the position of Vice President of the student chapter of the Society of Human Resource Managers at CSUB. She transferred to CSUB from Bakersfield College (BC), where she graduated with an Associate of Arts Degree in Business Administration. At BC, she was an active member of the tutoring club, where she specialized in tutoring English and helped many English-as-a-Second Language students learn and develop their reading and writing skills. She credits her mom with instilling within her an understanding of the value of education. Stidham plans to pursue a Master’s Degree and be a Professor of Business at CSUB.
- Derek Stotler- Stotler is a CSUB junior double majoring in Business and Economics. He is a first-generation college student who is motivated and loves to interact with students on campus and volunteer in the community. He is the President of the “Sensational Sophomores,” an academic honors program that focuses on student and community outreach. Stotler has also volunteered at the Bakersfield Heart Walk, Ronald McDonald House, and helped build a playground at the CALM museum. Stotler is a member of the CSUB Track and Field team, and has earned conference honors both athletically and academically. He will serve as the Executive Vice President of the student body during the 2013-2014 academic school year.
The John Brock Endowment scholarships are funded by proceeds from the awards dinner to be held on September 5, 2013 at Seven Oaks Country Club. Tickets are $150 per person. Corporate table sponsorships are available. For more information, call the CSUB School of Business and Public Administration at 661-654-2157.
For more information about CSUB, please visit www.csub.edu.
For More Information
Contact CSUB Public Affairs